Friday 12 April 2013

Sleep Over!



Since relocating back his original childcare facility after Easter, Mr Tae has been a little insecure. He does not tend to do change very well.


He is quite subtle with this and some people may not really notice. He is a little extra clingy. Always needs to be close to mummy (nothing new there, I can hear my mum say;). Generally more thumb sucking and quieter.




However, a new development started over a week ago, just after the changes in daycare began. He started waking in the middle of the night. He would come into our room saying 'I don't want to sleep in my own bed, I don't want to be alone!' Trust me the sadness in his voice was a killer.


I spent 2 nights walking him back to his own bed and staying with him, stoking his head. By night 3, I was done! I pulled the extra mattress which is under his bed and hauled it right into Tim's room!!



He jumped on it, curled up and went straight back to sleep - and there he has slept through the night ever since. 


I know we have to transition him back to his own room soon, but both boys are happy. They dont mess around as they have different bed times and Tae is fast asleep before Tim goes to bed.


 

Tae seriously loves it!! Each night as soon as we say bed time, he jumps up and shouts, 'sleep in Tim's room'! He has even been requesting Tim put him to bed quite a bit too. My respect also goes to Tim. He is more than happy to let his little brother bunk down on the floor of his room if it keeps him happy.

My favourite quote from Tim the other day was: 'Mummy, Tae is not a Daddy's boy or a Mummy's boy at the moment, he is a Tim's boy'!

ABSOLUTELY  - I love how they are so close:)

1 comment:

  1. Aww bless. How sweet that he loves his brother that much. I had Ben my older one asking if he could sleep over in little George's room. The next night I asked him if he wanted to do it again. No. George was too noisy, messed around, went to the toilet too many times and disturbed him lots. Oh well. Till next time!

    ReplyDelete