Monday 16 May 2011

Guest Blogger!!!

Hi it's Tim here.

This is about my birthday, no wait abit that's next month it's about Errm....
now I know it's about Norways national day. The 17th May it is a really big event.

It is the day when Norway got there own rules in 1814.  People from all around Norway came to Eidsvoll to agree what should be in the rules. On the 18th May 1814 the rules were written in a contract and signed. In 1864 Bjørnstjerne was finished writing the National Anthem as a celebtation of 50 years of the agreement. It is called 'Ja Vi Elsker Dette Landet' which means 'Yes, We Love This Country' and you sing it every 17th May.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cscq-kCFHro&feature=related

On the 17th of May we go in parades waving a Norwegian flag. People wear Bunads, which are the National costume. This year I'm not wearing one because I don't feel like it. I am going to wear a suit instead. Tae is going to have a bunad, but Tig is having the same as me. Mummy is having her nicest clothes on.

Other things to do on the 17th May, watch the parade in town, you can go to the funfair, eat as much ice cream as you want and play games in the playground at my school.

This is a picture of me from last year


Hip Hip Hurra for Norway!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Å så flink han er! Flott blogget! Og gratulerer med dagen i morgen!

    ReplyDelete