Saturday 3 August 2013

To Pappa



It has been tough

It has been hard

It has hurt

There are no words....

But, we have had to try to go on without him at our side.



I gave Tim the choice of whether he wished to write something to be either read at the funeral, place in the coffin or put in his special memory box. 

He wanted to write something and do all three options. He sat down at the kitchen table and queitly wrote.

With his permission I am recording it here. He wrote it in  Norwegian, he then translated it to English. Both versions are here.


Til Min Pappa
Min pappa, han var den beste faren man kan tenke seg.
Det går ikke an å utrykke hvordan det føles å miste noe så fint i livet så fort.
Han var min rolemodell, min helt og mest viktig min far. Alle som kjente han godt vet hvordan det er å ha han som venn eller familie.
Jeg har min referanse som er "Master of Life".
Jeg har det godt i hjertet mitt at vår siste dag var en av våre beste.
Jeg vil alltid elske deg pappa, adjø.

To My Pappa
My pappa, he was the best father you can imagine.
There is no way to explain how it feels to loose someone so great in life so fast.
He was my role model, my hero and most importantly my father. All those who knew him, understood what it was to have him as a friend or family.
I have my reference of him as 'Master of Life'.
I have it good in my heart that our last day was one of our best.
I will always love you Pappa, goodbye.


He is devastated, yet he is still beyond amazing.

.........and breathe

9 comments:

  1. Oh God I am in tears reading this - you are constantly in my thoughts - I cannot imagine how you are dealing with this - your son's words are wise beyond his years. I hope you all find some peace beyond the grief soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing young man you have. His Pappa would be proud!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an amazing tribute from one little man to his favorite big man.

    My heart has been aching for you these past few weeks, know that even far away in Virginia, there have been many prayers being said for you and your boys and their father, may he rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jules Crossley-Nilsen4 August 2013 at 21:51

    Alexander is a truly wonderful young man, he is well beyond his years and it proves what a wonderful job that Stig and you have done and are continuing to do. Always in my thoughts, Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Continued prayers in Tennessee. I have come back to your page again and again in hope of finding you able to write. Your son's words are beautiful. Oh, how I pray you will all find peace. I believe the greater the love, the larger the hole in your heart is, but who would ever exchange the great love for a lesser one? May God bless you every day. Know that we continue to hold you in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well written. So precious. Hugs and prayers from Iowa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have an amazing young man there who is wise beyond his years and a gift for beautiful words.

    Sending you love. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have no words except to tell you that I am praying for you. I commit to lift you up in prayer everyday for the next year. God will carry you when you can't walk for yourself. May your friends and family surround you during this time. Jesus is weeping with you.

    Praying from Atlanta,
    Bridgette

    ReplyDelete